Alce Nero, the leading organic brand in Italy has introduced a series of five wholesome and creative festive recipes that you and your family could enjoy from traditional favourites to fusion dishes.
Alce Nero products are 100% organic, certified by European Union law including the crop, the land on which it was grown, the factory in which it was processed, as well as the procedures and ingredients used for all produce are organic certified. Their organic products include a selection of dried pastas, extra virgin olive oil, honey, pasta sauce and jams.
As a leader among eco-conscious and health conscious consumers, Alce Nero continuously introduces unique and creative recipes that leverage its certified organic products.
The Alce Nero product range is certified Halal by official certification bodies recognized by JAKIM.
This festive season, explore traditional favourites and fun fusion dishes with an Italian twist that enhances its all-natural, organic taste, that combine Asian ingredients with high-quality, authentic Italian produce.
Try Prosperity Lucky Rolls, Salted Egg Spaghetti with Honeyed Soy Fish Fillet, Tamarind Honey Prawns, Carbonara Pie and Jam-Filled Hotcakes with Honey Poached Pears as a full-course meal, or separately to complement other dishes.
Foods with lower glycemic index (GI) are a useful addition to the diet for its slower digestion and absorption, producing a gradual rise in blood sugar and insulin levels, and has proven benefits for health. Low GI diets have been shown to improve bothglucose and lipid levels in people with diabetes (type 1 and type 2)1. They have benefits for weight control because they help control appetite and delay hunger.
Alce Nero pastas have a lower glycaemic index and higher protein content, making them suitable even for diabetics.
Taste the best of east and west with the hot culinary trend of Salted Egg but with the quintessentially Italian Alce Nero spaghetti contrasted with the sweetness of Asian Honeyed Soy Fish Fillet.
Carbonara Pie is a rich and hearty delight that combines creamy carbonara spaghetti with a melted cheese topping. Unique and fragrant, this dish will have family and guests asking for a second helping.
Tamarind Honey Prawns uses Alce Nero Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Alce Nero Organic Balsamic Vinegar and Alce Nero Organic Wildflower Honey contrasted with the sourness of tamarind for a sensation that bursts in the mouth.
Use Alce Nero Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Alce Nero Organic Wildflower Honey, for the simple yet scrumptious Prosperity Lucky Rolls. It can be eaten on its own as a finger food, or combined with other dishes.
Alce Nero Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil is made from the best selected olives in Sicily, packing a powerful taste and heart health benefits with its high content of vitamins and anti-oxidants.
To indulge your sweet tooth make a batch of Jam Filled Hotcakes with Honey Poached Pears. Pick from Alce Nero Organic Jam with selections ranging from strawberry, plum, peach to mixed berries for the hotcakes and Alce Nero Organic Acacia Honey for the honey poached pear.
Alce Nero fruits jams are made from superior quality organic fruits. They contain no added sugar and no added pectin, ensuring a truly natural flavour.
Pure and natural, Alce Nero Organic Honey carries natural anti-bacterial qualities. It is not subjected to preservative heat treatments and thus retains its health-giving nutrients. It is a great source of energy and can be used in various sweet or savoury dishes.
These dishes will definitely steal the spotlight this festive season. Every dish is an amalgamation between Asian ingredients and Italian produce to create a concoction that will soon be your family and friends’ new favourite.
For more wholesome and unique recipes, and for more information on Alce Nero as well as wide range of recipes, please visit http://alcenero.asia/ and
Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/AlceNeroMalaysia/
|Salted Egg Spaghetti with Honeyed Soy Fish Fillet|
Salted Egg Spaghetti with Honeyed Soy Fish Fillet
Serves 2-4 pax
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
300 g Alce Nero Organic Spaghetti (cooked)
4 salted egg yolks (steamed for 10 minutes and mashed)
2 cups evaporated milk
1 cup vegetable stock (more if needed to be diluted)
½ cup thinly sliced yellow onions
3 pieces kaffir lime leaves (bruised)
3 tbsp Alce Nero Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and pepper to taste
4 pieces snapper fillets
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp Alce Nero Organic Wildflower Honey
1 tsp cayenne pepper
¼ tsp white pepper
½ tsp salt
2 tsp Alce Nero Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Balsamic reduction for drizzling and glazing
1 cup Alce Nero Organic Balsamic Vinegar
1 tbsp Alce Nero Organic Acacia Honey
1. Mix Alce Nero Organic Balsamic Vinegar and Alce Nero Organic Acacia Honey in a pot and bring to a low simmer. Boil for 10-15 minutes till it thickly coats the back of a spoon. Set aside and let it cool before serving.
2. Marinate fish fillets with soy sauce, Alce Nero Organic Wildflower Honey, cayenne pepper, white pepper, salt and Alce Nero Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil for 30 minutes.
3. Place fish fillets on a parchment paper and bake in a preheated oven on 200°C for 20 minutes.
4. Brush the fish fillets with some Alce Nero Organic Acacia Honey once cooked.
5. Heat the pan with 3 tbspAlce Nero Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sauté the onions. Then add in salted egg yolks and cook till foamy. Toss in kaffir lime leaves.
6. Pour in evaporated milk and vegetable stock. Bring to a simmer. Once sauce thickens, add in Alce Nero Organic Spaghetti and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Place spaghetti on a plate and top with the fish fillets. Garnish with balsamic reduction
|Prosperity Lucky Rolls|
250g chicken meat cut into thin long strips, 3 water chestnuts (chopped), 1 clove garlic (finely chopped), 30g onion (chopped), 1 big piece dried bean curd sheet skin (fu pei, cut into 6 x 8 inches rectangle), 1 tbsp Alce Nero Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (for greasing the meat roll)
1 tbsp salt, ½ tsp pepper, ½ tsp chicken stock powder, 1 tsp Alce Nero Organic Wildflower Honey, 1 tbsp light soy sauce, 1 tsp sesame oil, 1-2 tbsp corn flour, 1 small egg
2 tbsp plain flour + 1 tbsp water
1. Season chicken strips with all marinade ingredients, mix well. Leave the marinated meat in the refrigerator preferably overnight for the flavor to develop.
2. Put some filling onto a piece of bean curd sheet skin and roll up neatly. Seal the sides with flour paste.
3. Rub each prepared meat roll evenly with Alce Nero Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
4. Arrange the meat rolls on the Air Fryer wire basket. Slide the basket into Air Fryer and fry at 160˚C for 15 minutes or until meat rolls are done. Serve with dipping sauce.
|Tamarind Honey Prawns|
Tamarind Honey Prawns
6-8 pieces fairly large tiger prawns, 30g tamarind pulp+150ml water, ½ tsp salt, 2 tbsp Alce Nero Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2 tbsp Alce Nero Organic Balsamic Vinegar of Modean, 2 tbsp Alce Nero Organic Wildflower Honey
3-4 dried chilies (cut into sections), 2 stalks curry leaves, 1 onion (cut into wedges)
1. Rinse prawns well. Cut off feelers and pat dry.
2. Mix tamarind pulp with 150 ml water. Mix well then strain the tamarind juice.
3. Combine tamarind juice with salt, Alce Nero Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Alce Nero Organic Wildflower Honey in a mixing bowl.
4. Put in prawns and marinate for about 20 minutes. Set aside.
5. In the meantime, fry dried chilies, curry leaves and onion in hot oil until crispy. Dish out and set aside.
6. Add an additional 1-2 tbsp Alce Nero Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil to the marinated prawns.
7. Place marinated prawns onto Air Fryer Basket. Grill at 180˚C for 12-15 minutes or until prawns are done. Remove and add accompanying ingredients and serve at once.
300g Alce Nero Organic Spaghetti, 200g bacon, 1 stalk leek (sliced), 1 bunch sweet basil (sliced), 2 large eggs, 3 large yolks, 1 ½ tsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper, 200g grated Parmesan cheese, 1 cups fresh cream
1. Pre-heat oven to 220˚C. Grease a 9-inch pie pan.
2. Saute bacon with some oil until both side turns brown; and then cut into 1 cm cubes, drain.
3. Boil a pot of water with 2 tsp salt. Blanch leek and basil for 1 minute and dish out, set aside.
4. Use the same pot of boiling water to scud Alce Nero Organic Spaghetti for 12 minutes and drain.
5. While cooking spaghetti, in a large bowl, whisk eggs, yolks, salt, pepper, fresh cream and 100g of cheese together. Then add in hot spaghetti, blanched leek, basil and bacon cubes, toss to combine.
6. Pour mixture into the prepared pie pan and sprinkle the balance of cheese on top.
7. Bake 35 minutes or until brown.
8. Cut into wedges to serve.
|Jam Filled Hotcakes with Honey Poached Pears|
Serves 2-3 pax
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
30 g caster sugar
220 ml milk 1 tbsp vanilla extract
200 g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp oil
Choice of Alce Nero Organic Strawberry Jam, Alce Nero Organic Plum Jam, Alce Nero Organic Peach Jam or Alce Nero Organic Mixed Berries
2 packham pear (peeled and cored)
600 ml water 60 g Alce Nero Organic Acacia Honey
120 g granulated sugar
1 whole orange peel
1 small cinnamon stick
Whipped cream for serving
1. Pour water, Alce Nero Organic Acacia Honey, sugar, orange peel and cinnamon in a small pot. Bring to a slow simmer till sugar dissolves.
2. Add in pears and slow cook for 30 minutes or less depending on the texture required.
3. Whisk eggs, sugar and milk till foamy and triple in volume. Then add in vanilla extract and continue to whisk for another 1 minute.
4. Sift in flour and baking powder. Lightly fold in till smooth, follow on with oil. Mix well and let batter rest for 30 minutes.
5. Heat pan and grease with oil (wipe off excess oil with kitchen towel, do not need to have an oily surface). Scoop a ladle full of the batter onto the pan, then spoon 1 tbsp of jam over the top and cover the jam with a thin layer of batter.
6. Once it starts to bubble, flip the hotcakes. Cook till it’s lightly brown. Repeat with the remaining batter.
7. Serve hotcakes with sliced poached pears, whipped cream and a drizzle of Alce Nero Organic Acacia honey.